Euro 2020

Login or Register to Join ProEleven Discussions, Debates and more...

Puskas

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1621606005301.png

The Euro 2020 group draw

Group A: Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales

Group B: Belgium, Russia, Denmark, Finland

Group C: Ukraine, Netherlands, Austria, North Macedonia

Group D: England, Croatia, Czech Republic, Scotland

Group E: Spain, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia

Group F: Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary

The 16th UEFA European Championship runs from June 11 to July 11, 2021, and to celebrate the tournament's 60th birthday, 12 cities across the continent have been selected as hosts.

• Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Johan Cruyff Arena
  • Baku (Azerbaijan) - Olympic Stadium
  • Bilbao (Spain) - San Mames
  • Bucharest (Romania) - Arena Nationala
  • Budapest (Hungary) - Puskas Arena
  • Copenhagen (Denmark) - Parken Stadium
  • Dublin (Republic of Ireland) - Aviva Stadium
  • Glasgow (Scotland) - Hampden Park
  • London (England) - Wembley Stadium
  • Munich (Germany) - Allianz Arena
  • Rome (Italy) - Stadio Olimpico
  • Saint Petersburg (Russia) - Krestovsky Stadium

Atul KM

Professional
Staff member
Gareth Southgate will announce the England squad tomorrow.

How do you think England should line up at the Euros?

For me it should be

Dean Henderson
Trent, Stones, Maguire, Shaw
Rice, Henderson
Grealish
Sancho/Foden, Kane, Rashford

Gareth Southgate does have his favourites so I wouldn't be surprised if some of these players don't make the eleven and he also seems to prefer playing with 3 at the back.

You might be thinking why I've put foden on the wing. It's because he's put in some good perfomances when operating from the wing in multiple games this season. You could still argue that he was just benefitting from Pep's system which England won't be using obviously.

I've been joking about TAA all season long but those were just because he plays for a rival. He's a class player and he showed that in the 4-2 win at Old Trafford.

I don't know if Henderson will be fit for the euros but if he is, he should definitely be in the lineup. He's strong and vocal and will improve the others around him.

I hope Greenwood makes the squad. His finishing alone is enough to earn him a spot in the squad. If England are having a tight game and finding it difficult to create big chances Greenwood could be a great asset for them. I can't think of any other player who can finish as well as he does with both feet.

Drew

Professional
Grealish deserves the spot, but Southgate would put his "son" there... which is Mount. Also, after that Euro... I could see Southgate becoming the new Spurs manager.

Drew

Professional
Favorites: France, England, Germany, Belgium, Italy and Spain.

Dark Horses: Portugal (they won it with a weaker team, now they got all the weapons to do it again), Netherlands (hard as VVD won't play, but still got their chance), Turkey (you may laugh, but they got some really talented players), Poland (Lewandoski the main weapon, but there are other great players) and Sweden (as Norway, they've started to have interesting players).

Atul KM

Professional
Staff member
Ngl, I was looking forward to seeing Mason Greenwood at the Euros. Would have been good for his development.
On the other hand, with an entire summer to rest and recover he can be terrifyingly sharp in August.

Atul KM

Professional
Staff member
I wish Rashford would have done that too and pulled out of the euros but he's one of those type of players that is more than willing to play through injuries for his team.

If he goes to the euros, we wouldn't be able to play him in our opening few weeks of the season as he'd be needing time to recover from surgery on his shoulder which I think is scheduled right after the Euros end.

Atul KM

Professional
Staff member
England need James Ward Prowse

His set pieces alone are enough to earn him a spot.

And there's question marks over Jordan Henderson's fitness.

Atul KM

Professional
Staff member
England Starting XI vs Croatia:

Pickford, Walker, Mings, Stones, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Foden, Mount, Sterling, Kane

Lineups were leaked 5 hours from KO

If England lose its an absolute masterclass from Southgate

Lose to Croatia = comes 2nd in group = no France or Portugal in ro16

Atul KM

Professional
Staff member
VAR isn't the problem. The PL refs are.
VAR is yet to be a talking point at the Euros, meanwhile it takes centre stage in every PL game.